The purpose of this program is to link the family or individual to services that may prevent homelessness. These services may include financial assistance for rent or mortgage payments and referral to appropriate other sources.
Eligibility will be determined by the funding source which is available.
Housing and Emergency Rental Assistance
Income eligible households may receive limited financial assistance with their rent or mortgage.
- Client must live in DuPage County, and have not received assistance in the past 12 months
- Meet income guidelines as directed by funding source available at that time
- Must have received a 5 day notice or court notice for eviction or verification of homelessness.
- Have a current valid lease
- Show ability to pay future rent
- Client must prove an emergency, extenuating circumstances, or drop in income to receive assistance
Shared Housing Program
Matches individuals who are seeking an affordable housing arrangement with residents wanting to share their homes.
- Comply with Case Management procedures and schedule
- Complete applications and interviews truthfully
- Client Services needs to receive acceptable background checks and references
A provider's residence must pass a housing quality standards inspection.
For more information contact the Division of Client Services at 630-407-6500 or 1-800-942-9412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.