Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Assists low-income households by offsetting the rising cost of home energy
through direct financial assistance, energy counseling, outreach and education.
An overdue bill or disconnect notice is not required to receive LIHEAP
assistance. Emergency assistance is available to eligible households whose
utility service has been disconnected and for homeowners whose furnace is
non-operational or determined unsafe to operate.
gross household income may not exceed 150% of poverty.
- Client must be
customer of record with utility company.
- Client must submit complete
documentation of income and proof of Social Security Number, utility bills and
2014 - 2015
Guidelines from 9/1/14 thru 5/31/15
Persons|| Household Income|
*Add $508 for
each additional household member
Applications for this program are taken on an on going basis at any of the
Township General Assistance Offices or directly from DuPage County.
Applications are taken by appointment only at all sites.
- A household member receiving Social
- Senior (60+) household member
- A household
with a disconnected utility (gas or electricity)
- A household member receiving Social Security Disability
(60+) household member
- A household member under the age of 6
- Any household that is income eligible by the
Township Phone Numbers
- Addison -
- Bloomingdale - 630-529-9993
Seniors - 630-529-7794
- Downers Grove - 630-719-6610
- Lisle -
- Milton - 630-668-1616
- Naperville -
- Wayne - 630-231-7173
- Winfield - 630-231-3591
- York Township - 630-620-2400
- York Seniors - 630-620-2424
The DuPage County's Energy Assistance number
is 630-407-6500 or 1-800-942-9412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.