The CDC also has a Neighborhood Investment, Community-Wide Benefit, Accessibility Improvements, and Planning Projects category that addresses the needs of low-to moderate-income neighborhoods by providing funding for capital improvements.
Neighborhood Investment, Community-Wide Benefit, Accessibility Improvements, and Planning Projects - usually used by municipalities for capital improvement projects that benefit a defined low to moderate-income service area. The service area must be primarily
residential. Planning projects are the only non-capital projects in this category.
Letter of Intent is due September 8, 2017 by 4:30pm. The application is due by October 6, 2017 by 4:30pm. Please submit one (1) original + two (2) hard copies with attachments and an electronic copy of the application (without attachments).
Notice of Funding
Mandatory Informational Meeting
- August 25, 2017 - Neighborhood Investment - 1:00pm to 2:00pm in room 3-500b
421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL
2018 Application Documents
Income Survey Methodology webpage for more information on income surveys.
- Contact CDC staff at
firstname.lastname@example.org to place your name on the electronic notification list.
- Attendance at an informational meeting is required for Neighborhood Investment and Non-Profit Capital applicants.
- A public hearing is required for all CDBG applications. The agencies may hold their own or arrange cluster-wide public hearing.
- A current Board Resolution is required with each application.
- A Letter of Intent is due by September 8, 2017 by 4:30pm.
- Entire CDBG application is due by October 6, 2017 by 4:30pm. Please submit one (1) original + two (2) hard copies with attachments and an electronic copy of the application (without attachments).
- NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE TWO (2) COPIES OF THE AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENT INCLUDING MANAGEMENT LETTERS, RESPONSES AND AN A-133 IF APPLICABLE.