Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
The CSBG Scholarship is designed, in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs, to provide financial assistance to low-income and disadvantaged persons of high academic attainment or potential. Scholarships will go toward providing formal education or
occupational training in an accredited Illinois educational institution to CSBG eligible clients, with particular consideration given to study in high technology areas or other growth occupations. Education and training made possible through the scholarships include either general education to achieve
short-term training (2 years or less) in growth occupation skills, or general post-secondary education. This is a competitive scholarship based on merit, not solely on financial need.
Applicants must be:
- CSBG income eligible, see guidelines in application.
- DuPage County resident.
- Enrolled or accepted at an Illinois accredited higher educational or occupational training institute.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- This award will be retracted if it causes a reduction in any other financial aid.
- This award will be retracted if not utilized for educational related
- Residents pursuing a master's degree or attending a professional school, need not apply.
- Staff will communicate with the applicant only.
2016 CSBG Income Guidelines:
125% Of Poverty CSBG
|Number in Household||Yearly Income||3 Months Income||1 Month Income|
For each additional person add: $5,200 yearly or $433 monthly