DuPage County Road Alerts
This page includes current DuPage County Division of Transportation roadway and/or trails construction projects, improvements by other agencies and/or events/activities impacting DuPage County highways and/or trails.
Immediate Alert Notifications
ILLINOIS STATE TOLL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY -
I-390/Elgin-O'Hare WESTERN ACCESS
- The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority continues construction on the I-390/Elgin-O'Hare Western Access construction between Gary Avenue and IL-83.
If you have questions regarding this project, please contact the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority office, at 630/241-6800 (M - F, 8 am to 4:30 pm) or their website at:
Road Construction Projects by DuPage County Division of Transportation
Road Construction Projects by Others
ILLINOIS PRAIRIE PATH - MAIN STEM (CH 47) AT CHASE
- The Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) has completed construction of the pedestrian underpass on the west side of Chase Street, Wheaton. Restoration of the Crescent Blvd., Illinois Prairie Path - Main Stem and Wheaton College properties have been completed. Additional seeding may be
required following inspection of the project in Spring 2015.
- If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact Christopher Miller with the UPRR Chicago office at (312) 777-2043.
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION IL-59 IMPROVEMENTS
- IDOT continues its roadway reconstruction project between New York Street and Ferry Road, including the diamond cross-over for the I-88 interchange. Lane restrictions are in place and daily lane closures will occur.
- Link to IDOT's Construction project is:
- EXPECT DELAYS IN YOUR TRAVELS AND SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTES DURING THIS WORK.
Posted Roadways/Bridges Restrictions
BRIDGE RESTRICTED TRUCK MOVEMENTS
- All Overweight Movement Permits (weight limit and/or lane width restrictions shown below) will NOT be permitted on DuPage County Bridges and/or Routes and will remain in effect until further notice, as follows:
- (CH 11) ARMY TRAIL ROAD bridge over the West Brach DuPage River (between Gerber Road and Smith Road) - limited to maximum 120K lbs. GVW permitted.
- (CH 4)
BLOOMINGDALE ROAD bridge over the Chicago Central & Pacific Railroad (between North Avenue and Army Trail Road) - limited to maximum 22 Ton Single Unit, maximum 29 Ton for 3 to 4 Axles and maximum
36 Ton for 5 or more axles GVW permitted.
- (CH 21)
GENEVA ROAD bridge over the West Branch DuPage River (between Winfield Road and Prince Crossing Road) - limited to maximum 120K lbs.
- (CH 3) WARRENVILLE ROAD
bridge over the West Branch DuPage River (between Batavia Road and Winfield Road) - limited to less than 20 TONS for Single Unit
- (CH 3) WARRENVILLE ROAD bridge over the East Branch DuPage River (between Yackley Avenue and Illinois Route 53) - limited to 17 Ton (34K lbs.) GVW for Single Unit
Vehicles, 20 ton (40K lbs.) for 3 to 4 Axle Combination
Vehicles and 25 ton (50K lbs.) for 5 or more Axle Combination
- (CH 13) WINFIELD ROAD bridge over Springbrook Creek (between Mack Road and Butterfield Road/IL-56) - limited to maximum 120K lbs. GVW permitted without review/approval of IDOT Bridge Office prior to movement.
- (CH 40) YACKLEY AVENUE
bridge over the Burlington Northern Railroad - limited to 100K lbs. GVW maximum weight between Ogden Avenue/US-34 and Maple Avenue in Lisle.
Illinois Department of Transportation
Link (click on icon below) to the Illinois Department of Transportation's Road "Obstructions and Restrictions" map for motorist and trucking travel. This map is revised by IDOT as conditions change. Please check back frequently for your travels.
If you have any questions on these or any other highways and/or trail systems in DuPage County, please contact the Division of Transportation office at 630/407-6900 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays) or e-mail the department general e-mail at: