This page includes current DuPage County Division
of Transportation roadway and/or trails construction projects, improvements by
other agencies and/or events/activities impacting DuPage County highways
IMMEDIATE ALERT NOTIFICATIONS
- Nothing at
this time. Please check as needed for any updates.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS BY DUPAGE COUNTY DIVISION OF TRANSPORTATION
PROJECTS BY OTHERS
ILLINOIS PRAIRIE PATH - MAIN STEM (CH 47) AT
CHASE STREET, WHEATON
- The Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) is
installing a pedestrian underpass on the west side of Chase Street, Wheaton
that includes a temporary path runaround of the construction site. The UPRR
will be installing an additional side spur line between Washington Street and
President Street and the closure of the Chase Street crossing will enable
commuter trains to stage on the spur line upon completion of this work. The
underpass is open to users, the Chase Street roadway crossing pavement has been
removed and restoration of the area continues. The project will be completed
by Fall 2014 with additional plantings installed as soon as weather permits
If you have any questions regarding this project, please
contact Christopher Miller with the UPRR Chicago office at (312) 777-2043.
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION IL-59 IMPROVEMENTS
continues its roadway reconstruction project, including the diamond cross-over
for the I-88 interchange. Lane
restrictions are in place and daily lane closures will occur.
Link to IDOT's Construction project is: http://www.idot.illinois.gov/projects/il59-reconstruction-and-widening-project.
EXPECT DELAYS IN YOUR TRAVELS AND SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTES DURING THIS
BRIDGE RESTRICTED TRUCK MOVEMENTS
Overweight Movement Permits (weight limit and/or lane width restrictions shown
below) will NOT be permitted on DuPage County Bridges and/or Routes and will
remain in effect until further notice, as follows:
- (CH 11) ARMY TRAIL ROAD bridge over the West Brach DuPage River (between Gerber Road and Smith Road) - limited to maximum 120K lbs. GVW permitted.
- (CH 4) BLOOMINGDALE ROAD bridge over the Chicago Central & Pacific Railroad (between North Avenue and Army Trail Road) - limited to 9 Ton (18K lbs.) axle weight and 37 ton (74K lbs.) GVW permitted.
- (CH 21) GENEVA ROAD bridge over the West Branch DuPage River (between Winfield Road and Prince Crossing Road) - limited to maximum 120K lbs. GVW permitted.
- (CH 3)
WARRENVILLE ROAD bridge over the West Branch DuPage River (between Batavia Road
and Winfield Road) - limited to less than 20 TONS for Single Unit
- (CH 3) WARRENVILLE ROAD bridge over the East Branch DuPage River (between Yackley Avenue and Illinois Route 53) - limited to 17 Ton (34K lbs.) GVW for Single Unit Vehicles, 20 ton (40K lbs.) for 3 to 4 Axle Combination Vehicles and 25 ton (50K lbs.) for 5 or more Axle Combination Vehicles.
- (CH 13) WINFIELD ROAD bridge over Springbrook Creek (between Mack Road and Butterfield Road/IL-56) - limited to maximum 120K lbs. GVW permitted without review/approval of IDOT Bridge Office prior to movement.
- (CH 40) YACKLEY AVENUE bridge over the Burlington Northern Railroad -
limited to 100,000 lbs GVW maximum weight between Ogden Avenue/US-34 and Maple
Avenue in Lisle.
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Link (click on icon below) to the Illinois Department of
Transportation's Road "Obstructions and Restrictions" map for motorist and
trucking travel. This map is revised by IDOT as conditions change. Please check
back frequently for your travels.
If you have any questions on these or any other
highways and/or trail systems in DuPage County, please contact the Division of
Transportation office at 630/407-6900 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
excluding holidays) or e-mail the department general e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.