Type VII Permit
All permits must be applied and paid for in person. Mail-ins and incomplete submittals will be returned.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL TYPES OF DEVELOPMENTS WHICH AFFECT BOTH A FLOODPLAIN/RIPARIAN AREA AND/OR A WETLAND AREA OR DISTURB OVER 25,000 SQUARE FEET
TO APPLY TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING, DIVISION OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS, PLEASE BRING IN THE FOLLOWING:
1. Requirements of Particular Development – All requirements outlined in the permit application for the proposed development type will need to be completed and submitted for review. The exact requirements for each type of development are detailed in the following permit types:
TYPE I – Requirements for Residential Accessory Structures
TYPE II – Requirements for Single Family Residences and Single Family Residence Additions
TYPE III – Requirements for Business, Industrial, Commercial, Multi-Family, & Excavation/Fill Permits
TYPE IV – Requirements for Roadway Permits
2. Stormwater Permit Submittal Flow Chart – This is the "pre-2012" flow chart that corresponds with the Stormwater Checklists below. DuPage County has released an updated version of this flow chart that can be found
here. Checklists that will coincide with this new release are pending and will be issued soon. As before, the developer will be required to complete and submit the Stormwater Permit Submittal Flow Chart.
3. DuPage County Stormwater Management Permit Application (PDF) – The developer will be required to complete the Stormwater Management Permit Application and include with stormwater submittal.
4. Requirements for Developments – All requirements set forth in the attached DuPage County Countywide Stormwater and Flood Plain Ordinance Stormwater Submittal Packet regarding developments within both a designated regulatory wetland and floodplain or disturb over 25,000 Sq Ft of area. The following sections of the Stormwater Packet will need to be completed:
- TAB 1 – Narrative
- TAB 2A/2B – Site Runoff Storage
- TAB 3A/3B – Flood Plain
- TAB 4 – Wetlands / Wetland Buffer
- TAB 5 – Waterway Buffer
- TAB 6 – PCBMPs
- TAB 7 – SESC
- TAB 8 – Maps
- TAB 9 – Maintenance and Monitoring
- TAB 10 – Security
- TAB 11 – Variance
Three copies of the Stormwater Submittal Packet in a bound, tabular format are required for submittal.