Register to Vote
You can begin the process of registering to vote in DuPage County right here. You can check to see if you are already registered or download an application as a PDF file and fill it in and mail today. You can also register at many locations throughout DuPage County. To check your eligibility to vote, please read through the following requirements. If you have any questions, you can view our Voter FAQs, or you can contact us directly.(NOTE: The online registration must be printed, physically signed, and mailed or delivered to the Election Commissioners no later than 28 days before the next election.)
Who can register to vote
In order to register to vote, you must meet these qualifications:
- You must be a United States citizen
- You must be at least 18 years old on or before the next election (OR for a General Primary, must be 17 and will be 18 by the General Election)
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- You must not be convicted and in jail
- You cannot claim the right to vote anywhere else
Where and How to register to vote
You must register at least 28 days prior to an election in order to vote in that election. You can register by mail or in person.
You can register in person at local City, Village, or Township Halls in DuPage County or at the Election Commission office in addition to some local Libraries. Click here for a list of registration locations. When registering, be sure to bring two forms of identification with you, one of which must have your correct address on it.
Recent legislation now allows you to complete an application online via the Illinois State Board of Elections website. Click here to access the Illinois Online Voter Application.
NOTE: To apply electronically you must provide:
- Your Illinois Drivers License number or Illinois Secretary of State issued State ID number.
- Date the license or ID was issued.
- The last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Your birth date.
You can also register by mail using an approved registration application form. You may download a PDF registration form in below, or you may contact the Election Commission to have a form sent to you. Instructions are included on the form for where to mail it.
Please note the following deadline information:
- You must mail or deliver this form no later than 28 days before the next election.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 4 weeks of mailing or delivering this form, call the DuPage County Election Commission at 630-407-5600.
- If you have never registered to vote in DuPage County and you are now registering, then you must send one of the following with this application:
(1) A copy of a current and valid photo identification -or-
(2) A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and address.
- If you do not provide the information required above, then you will be required to provide election officials with this information the first time you vote at the polling place or by absentee ballot
- If you register by mail, then you must vote in person the first time you vote if you do not supply the required identification.
- If the form is not completed in full, the application will NOT be processed.
Download the Voter Application
For your convenience, a downloadable Voter Application has been provided as an Acrobat PDF document. To utilize this feature, you will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. This software is free and can be downloaded from Adobe's web site.
Did this page answer your questions? If not, please contact us online or call us at 630-407-5600.
This site provided for informational purposes only. Candidates should seek appropriate legal advice for any campaign issues. Site copyright 2001-2004 DuPage County Election Commission. All rights reserved.