FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under direction; performs work of considerable difficulty in design, maintenance and management of the County web site and related Internet development; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
An employee in this class coordinates the development of the County’s web site including the design and authoring of its functional elements. This position may assist in the development of in-house databases and provide technical direction to subordinate positions. Direction is received from the Applications and Development Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Coordinates, implements, and maintains the web pages for assigned departments in the appropriate Content Management System (e.g. Ektron, WordPress, etc).
• Develops, maintains and queries Microsoft SQL databases for interactive web content
• Interacts with Department Heads and user departments to develop, revise and update web pages
• Provides support and input for the acquisition and support of Internet/Intranet websites and applications
• Designs, produces or selects web graphics
• Manages the transfer, testing and updating of web materials
• Assists in the maintenance, security, and creation of new data for Internet databases
• Ensures that websites and web applications conform to current security, web and accessibility standards
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Internet/Intranet document design and production management.
• Electronic document management, graphic design, HTML and relevant languages.
• Operation of large scale relational database systems
• Current office practices, procedures and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Conceptual design of an Internet web site
• Planning and coordinating the production of Internet content
• System design and production of large scale Internet-ready database projects
• Time management resulting in completion of work to meet required deadlines
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Ability to work with multiple internal and external simultaneously
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, external organizations, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field and three (3) years of experience in the design and production of an Internet/Intranet document system, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS