Job Details for 1810 - Case Liaison Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Under general supervision, performs work of moderate difficulty in providing case management to clients while simultaneously maintaining effective communication with the courts, the State’s Attorney, the defense bar, and outside service providers and clinical staff.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
Employees in this class perform professional work in the area of case management by assisting clients in obtaining court ordered services. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Administrator of Psychological Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Reviews and monitors assigned offenders’ court referral programs
• Serves as liaison to the courts and outside service providers
• Compiles case notes and maintains client files
• Evaluates and monitors Domestic Violence offenders’ compliance and non-compliance with their treatment programs.
• Ensures Domestic Violence offenders meet the level of compliance as outlined by the Courts
• Ensures an effective treatment program is established for assigned offenders
• Refers to outside providers and monitors their compliance with their court ordered counseling requirements
• Maintains monitoring statistics
• Serves as a liaison to the criminal justice system by providing offender status regarding compliance or non-compliance of the program
• Serves as a reporting agent to the courts to provide offender status reports
• Provides backup support to clinical staff
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, and licensure and/or certifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Clients and their individual behavior and problems
• Social service agency programs, community resource programs and domestic violence assistance programs
• Verbal and/or written communications
• Dealing effectively with others
• Interviewing clients
• Keeping and maintaining accurate records.
• Organize large amounts of client information
• Maintain a referral database
• Work with court ordered offenders
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Human Services, Criminal Justice, or a related field, and one year of experience in a professional client services or criminal justice position, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Use hands and arms to operate equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS