Employment Opportunity: Seasonal/Internships
Title: County Board - Public Information Office Intern
Posting No.: 5412
Closing Date: Ongoing
Department: County Board
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $10.00-$10.50 per hour
Under supervision, this position will perform entry-level professional duties of moderate difficulty for the County Board office to provide residents and employees with accessible information about the mission and initiatives of DuPage County.
• Work directly with the Public Information Office, County Board members, and County Board office
• Write and edit various publications and communications including press releases, columns, letters, proclamations, memoranda, etc., to enhance and preserve the image of DuPage County
• Maintain, coordinate, and assist in the preparation of printed and web-based publications
• Serve as a liaison between the County, the media, and local organizations
• Research DuPage County’s presence in the media and send daily reports of news
• Work on and lead special projects including research, grants, communication and strategic planning initiatives
• Develop and analyze data and prepare reports and presentations
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Must be actively taking undergraduate or graduate level courses at an accredited institution to obtain an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree, or be a recent graduate (within the past year)
• Have strong professional written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of Associated Press style
• Ability to conduct basic research and follow instructions of moderate difficulty
• Ability to utilize county-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as good organizational and time management skills
• Social media experience
• Graphic design experience is a plus, but not necessary
(Please submit a writing sample along with a completed application.)
A pre-employment background check is required.
This would be a great opportunity for a journalism or communications student or recent graduate.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer