Employment Opportunity: Support Services
Title: Housekeeper II
Posting No.: 0810
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Convalescent Center
Hours: Full-Time: 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., to include every other weekend and holidays as scheduled
Salary: $23,728 annually
• Strips and waxes floors utilizing a self-propelled stripping and waxing machine
• Shampoos carpet utilizing an automated, self-propelled carpet shampooer
• Sweeps, mops, dusts, collects and removes trash bags and recycling bins to bring to the dumpster and compactor, and operates the trash compactor
• Interacts with residents, and assists with moving them and serving their trays
• Makes beds, changes linens, cleans under beds, empties dirty utility and linen carts, keeps linen and utility areas clean
• Supervises resident smoking
• Fills oxygen canisters and distributes oxygen to nursing units
• Performs resident transportation services utilizing a van with a lift gate
• Performs exterior snow removal and operates a snow thrower/tractor plow
• Performs tests on door alarms
• Moves boxes and shipping pallets to storage rooms and moves carts of chairs, loads/unloads carts of chairs and arranges chairs to set up and break down rooms
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, climb ladders and stairs, use hands to push, pull and operate cleaning tools and equipment, reach with hands and/or arms overhead and horizontally, uses hands for repetitive tasks, crouch or stoop, and lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes tasks that occur indoors in a temperature controlled environment, on surfaces such as ceramic tile, vinyl tile, concrete, wood or commercial carpeting. Employees may occasionally perform functions outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass, or gravel. The employee may have to function on potentially unstable structures (ladders and/or step stools) on uneven surfaces (outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass or gravel) and on surfaces of varying heights such as stairs, steps, ladders or stepstools. Tasks may require personal protective equipment including latex or vinyl gloves and safety glasses
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Completion of the Housekeeper II in-service program within the first 90 days of hire
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver's License
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer