Employment Opportunity: General Labor/Maintenance
Title: Election Warehouse Laborer
Posting No.: 8075
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Election Commission
Hours: Temporary: Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., including some Saturdays and evenings
Salary: $10.00 per hour
• Loading & unloading equipment and materials
• Clean and maintenance equipment
• Performs a variety of tasks such as transferring of supplies and equipment as directed
• Performs cleaning, sweeping and basic maintenance tasks at assigned facility
• Use of hand tools
Desired Knowledge and Skills
• Some knowledge of proper use of and handling of small hand tools and non-motorized equipment
• Lifting heavy objects
• Basic computer knowledge a plus
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and arms, and feet to push, pull and operate tools and equipment, climb, crouch, stoop, crawl and lift and/or move a minimum of 60 lbs.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent or a combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
A pre-employment background check is required.
This position is temporary and will begin January 3, 2016 and will end April 4, 2017.
Job applications can be found at:
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer