Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Weatherization Program Manager
Posting No.: 0769
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $55,000-$62,000 annually
This position will be working with the Weatherization Program. There is one position open.
• Supervises, plans and coordinates the work of staff involved in the Weatherization Program and hires, directs, evaluates, and disciplines the staff
• Ensures compliance with division policies and procedures
• Preparation and timely submittal of grant application components
• Monitors funding levels and assignment of work to appropriate grant funds
• Works with other County Departments to appropriately procure contractors and ensure proper and prompt payment for work performed
• Monitors the work of contractors and appropriately handles issues and solves problems
• Effectively manages the timelines of the Weatherization Program
• Maintains statistics of clients served, prepares reports, and updates WeatherWorks database
• Ensures that contractor and client files contain required documentation
• Assists with assessments and inspections, as necessary
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of, or have a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, public administration, health service administration, business or finance or related field; and have three years of experience in a community development, and/or housing capacity
• Three years of experience in one of the construction fields (zoning, code enforcement, engineering, weatherization, or related field)
• Have one year of supervisory experience
The preferred candidate will:
• Possess Certification by the State of Illinois as a Weatherization Assessor
• Obtain a Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector within one year of hire
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License and in good standing
This is a grant funded position
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer