Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Posting No.: 0912
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., on call as needed
Salary: $63,525 annually
• Plans, lays out, installs and repairs a variety of complex electrical equipment including electronic controls, switchboards, motor control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers and various other types of electronic equipment involving transistor circuits
• Establishes balanced loads
• Lays out and wires complex circuits
• Diagnoses electrical problems and replaces or repairs parts as necessary
• Detects and replaces defective control modules, tests and makes adjustments
• Prepares wiring diagrams to record all changes
• Recommends ordering of supplies and maintains various work records
• Directs and instructs the work of Electrician Technicians where necessary and is responsible for the safety of their assistants
• Makes modifications to older equipment to keep it operating
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Completion of electrical trade courses
• Six years experience in industrial electrical work including electronic circuitry
• Or, two years of experience at the Journeyman Electrician level
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399, and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer