Employment Opportunity: Automotive
Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Posting No.: 0931
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m., overtime and on-call as needed, to include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Salary: $51,500 annually
• Diagnose, adjust, repair and overhaul a wide variety of automotive equipment
• Repair and maintain light duty trucks, heavy duty trucks, snow and ice removal equipment, tractors, street sweepers, trailers and other heavy construction equipment
• Diagnose, repair and overhaul diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, differentials, hydraulic systems, steering and suspension, electrical and HVAC systems
• Perform welding and fabricating tasks as needed
• Other duties as required
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to operate tools and equipment, reach with hands and arms, crouch or stoop, and lift and carry up to 80 lbs.
• The work environment for this position frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts, with hazardous materials, with fumes or airborne particles, in cramped or confined spaces, and occasionally in extreme outside weather conditions
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Four (4) years of experience in repairing automotive and/or heavy equipment at the level of an automotive mechanic
• A valid Illinois Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing requirements of the United States Department of Transportation - Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150 and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer