Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Supervised Parenting Time/Exchange Coordinator
Posting No.: 0994
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Part-Time: 20 hours per week, Wednesday 12:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m., Friday 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Sunday 2:45 p.m.-8:15 p.m.
Salary: $25.91-$29.74 per hour
• Provide neutral exchange services, parent education and/or supervised parenting time at the Family Center for court-ordered families to establish, maintain or enhance parent-child relationships
• Develop/write narrative court reports
• Prepare and maintain client records
• Participate in supervision and staff meetings
• Teach 4-hour court mandated parent education courses for divorced and never married parents
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Some travel to an off-site facility or building in all weather conditions
• The work environment frequently includes working with children in a child friendly environment, or in a court room addressing a judge, attorneys and court staff
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Master's degree with a major in Social Work, Psychology, or related field
• Two years of work experience in child/family social services or related field
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois driver’s license
• Be licensed or license eligible as a Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Clinical Social Worker (LCSW),
The preferred candidate will:
• Have the ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish
• Have working knowledge of the court/legal system, family theory and dynamics, family law, domestic relations court, mediation, child development and the effects of divorce/separation on families, how to handle high-conflict client interactions, and experience working with cases of domestic violence and orders of protection.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer