Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Recreation Therapy Aide
Posting No.: 1004
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Convalescent Center
Hours: Full-Time: 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., including weekends, evenings and holidays
Salary: $27,040-$28,080 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time. This position in located in the Recreation Therapy Department.
• Protect wander risk residents from exiting assigned programs, and monitor behaviors and fall risk residents
• Assess resident’s skills and interests and plan and conduct leisure activities accordingly
• Provide individualized attention and encouragement in the involvement of activities
• Provide assistance for in-house transportation, feeding and other personal needs of the residents
• Assist in the maintenance and storage of special equipment for recreational activities
• Document attendance for individualized resident activities
• Provide 1:1 programming to residents with limited involvement in leisure interests
• Report resident progress at Care Plan Meetings
• Create and implement a unit monthly calendar
• Assist with feeding and other care needs of residents on outings
Physical requirements and the work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch or stoop and use hands and/or arms to push wheelchairs and to provide recreational therapy.
• This position regularly includes working with residents. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to quiet
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent and six (6) months of experience in recreation therapy, using a variety of specialized arts, crafts, music or recreational activities
• CNA certificate is preferred
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer