Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Water Operations Technician
Posting No.: 1046
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. with rotating weekends, holidays, and on-call as needed
There is one (1) position available. The position is located at the Marionbrook Underground Maintenance Facility, 17w440 North Frontage Rd, Darien, IL 60561
• Assists customers on the phone and in person with regard to problems or questions.
• Maintains Operations records such as copies of documents, correspondence with the IEPA, etc.
• Performs routine maintenance and repairs to water system equipment.
• Monitors chlorine and fluoride levels in water.
• Performs routine inspection of plumbing.
• Checks to see that meters are functioning properly and repairs defects as necessary.
• Responds to customer requests and performs residential investigation and repair of malfunctioning equipment
• Advises plumbers regarding installation requirements of water meters.
• Ensures that the County's water treatment systems are adequately maintained and operating according to applicable environmental protection standards and regulations
• Analyzes lab data and chemical analyses of water for proper levels of chlorine, etc.
• Records readings and daily flows to plants
• Performs major and routine maintenance and repairs to equipment
• Cleans and maintains buildings and equipment.
• Trains new employees and coordinates the work of summer employees
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Ability to regularly stand, walk and use hands and/or arms to operate tools and equipment
• Ability to work in an environment that regularly includes working near moving mechanical parts, with hazardous chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Two (2) years of experience in water system construction or maintenance
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399 and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer physical and drug test are required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer