Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Community Development Specialist
Posting No.: 1045
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Part-Time: 15 to 22.5 hours per week, including occasional evenings
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Manage and distribute federal entitlement funds given to DuPage County through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), the HOME Investment Partnership Program, the Emergency Solutions Grant, and the Continuum of Care programs
• Interpret and enforce Federal laws and regulations as they pertain to project completion
• Analyze project feasibility and cash flow analysis for multi-family housing projects
• Monitor assigned projects for compliance with environmental, labor, equal opportunity, acquisition/relocation laws, housing quality standards, and income qualification
• Assist is preparing the 5-year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, and Comprehensive Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Planning or a related field; with an emphasis on Housing and Community Development
• One (1) to two (2) years of experience in community development, grant administration, or real estate
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License will be required as travel is part of the position
The preferred candidate will have:
• Working knowledge of Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnership Program and Emergency Solutions Grant regulations
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer