Employment Opportunity: General Labor/Maintenance
Title: Senior Grounds Maintenance Worker
Posting No.: 1079
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m., with overtime as needed
Salary: $37,000 annually
• Horticultural tasks including mowing, pruning, planting and transplanting
• Mixes and applies pesticides and fertilizers
• Performs turf renovation by core certification and overseeding
• Removes damaged sod and installs new sod
• Cultivates and maintains planting beds, tree rings, etc.
• Performs plowing, loading and hauling of snow from County grounds including roadways, parking facilities, walks and entry ways
• Loads and applies de-icing chemicals
• Operates a variety of equipment such as: small dump truck, snow plow, snow blower, salt spreader, sod cutter, rototiller, chain saw, trimmers, sweeper, front end loader, backhoe, forklift, a variety of hand tools
• Services and maintains a wide variety of tools, machinery, and vehicles
• Repairs and installs electrical systems in vehicles
• Locates and removes refuse from County property
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, intense noises and travel
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Three years of experience in landscaping or grounds keeping which includes two years of experience in the operation and maintenance of moderate sized motorized equipment as it relates to grounds maintenance
• Must possess the State of Illinois Department of Agriculture Pesticide Operator’s License in good standing, or be enrolled to complete the exam to renew this license
• The selected candidate will be required to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with an air brakes endorsement within ninety (90) days of employment
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150 and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer