Employment Opportunity: Planning/Development
Title: Code Enforcement Officer
Posting No.: 1149
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Building & Zoning
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Investigates zoning, building, and property maintenance complaints
• Performs limited inspections during stages of construction for conformance with County ordinances and building and zoning codes
• Provides assistance to property owners for correcting zoning, building, and property maintenance deficiencies in conformance with the intent set forth in these codes
• Contacts persons responsible for violations and issues notice to discontinue, remove or alter conditions which conflict with the zoning, building, and property maintenance regulations
• Prepares investigative documentation, including photographs required to support findings
• Maintains on-going surveillance of assigned area for zoning, building, and property maintenance code compliance
• Represents the County in court regarding violation cases submitted for prosecution
• Performs record search to determine accuracy of data such as location, ownership, district and legal description
• Inspects signs and fences for compliance with specifications
• Prepares daily reports
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School diploma or GED
• Three years’ experience at the journeyman level in one of the following construction fields; zoning, code enforcement, engineering, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer