Employment Opportunity: Purchasing/Mailroom
Title: Mail and Supply Clerk
Posting No.: 1156
Closing Date: 6/29/2017
Department: Public Works
Hours: Part-Time: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Salary: $14.00-$18.00 per hour
There is one (1) part-time position open in Public Works. This position is located at 7900 S. Route 53 in Woodridge, Illinois.
• Provide delivery fulfillment on all copier paper, printed forms and stocked supply items as requested
• Unload deliveries from trucks
• Assist with the collection, storage, and distribution of surplus furniture and equipment
• Travel throughout the County to various facilities and locations to deliver and pick-up mail and paperwork
• Deliver and pick-up various laboratory samples
• Pick-up and drop off laundry
• Transport laboratory samples and maintain appropriate temperature
• Operate a County vehicle in all weather conditions
• Count cash; sign out cash, and transport cash and deposits to the bank
• Miscellaneous office duties as assigned
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to operate motorized equipment, reach with hands and/or arms, climb, crouch or stoop, and lift and carry up to 80 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes working near moving mechanical parts in extreme outside weather conditions
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School diploma or GED
• One year of experience in warehousing, mailroom, a related service based environment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
• A valid Illinois Driver's License in good standing
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 6/29/2017.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer