Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Head Nurse
Posting No.: 1143
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m., including weekends and holidays
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 annually
There is currently one (1) position available.
• Coordinates daily operations on a post-acute unit or two long-term care units to ensure quality clinical care and customer satisfaction
• Oversees the admissions and discharge processes to ensure a smooth transition for all patients
• Identifies and resolves obstacles associated with unit processes and procedures
• Consults with interdisciplinary team members, monitors patient progress toward care plan/treatment goals and ensures that clinical concerns are addressed
• Monitors and evaluates performance of professional and sub-professional personnel. Directs, promotes, disciplines and appeals of employment decisions or effectively recommends action for assigned personnel
• Identifies and addresses staff development needs
• Prepares, analyzes, and distributes required reports to nursing administration, facility administration, and other departments
• Ensures compliance with required clinical documentation and EHR entries. Conducts routine audits to ensure compliance and addresses concerns
• Attends and/or leads meetings with nursing staff, nursing administration, physicians and interdisciplinary team members
• Functions as unit nursing representative during the annual IDPH survey and intermittent visits
• Participates in facility-wide quality improvement initiatives and projects
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of coursework for a degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university, and five years experience in Medical/Surgical or hospital nursing with three years in a supervisory role; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Requires possession of an Illinois Registered Nursing Certificate
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer