Employment Opportunity: Information Technology
Title: IT Support Specialist
Posting No.: 1171
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Information Technology
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Salary: $40,000-$47,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Fields incoming technical help requests from end users, determines next level of support, troubleshoots issues and service request fulfillment through various modes of communication (i.e. phone, email, mobile text, etc.)
• Records and documents the details of the issue or service requests
• Maintains call center database, response to user inquiries regarding the status of incident/work order tickets and performs follow up communications until resolution or completion of request
• Acts as an advocate for end users to ensure high quality and timely service and support from the technical support team
• Follows department standards, processes and procedures on ongoing issues and escalation with outside vendors
• Reviews batch schedules and fulfills user requests to run a variety of job utilizing command line input and automated job scheduling software interprets system messages and utilizes good judgement in identifying, resolving and reporting of system issues
• Monitors and operates IBM business class server (e.g. z/OS; MVS, JES2), monitors legacy, web and client/server based applications, servers, LAN/WAN connections and other information systems utilizing systems automation and monitoring software; performs basic problem determination, analysis and resolution
• Utilizes personal computing hardware and software to perform duties and routine system maintenance and/or emergency system recovery
• Proficiency with current Microsoft Office Suite Products
• Prepares and runs legacy application restores, system and data back ups
• Safeguards security of equipment and data files
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and three years of experience in an IT Help Desk Operations environment supporting a variety of hardware, software and application installations
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer