Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Stationary Engineer - PM Lead
Posting No.: 1067
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Facilities Management
Hours: Full-Time: Tuesday-Saturday 4:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
Salary: $67,970 annually
This position is located at the DuPage County Power Plant. There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Delegate tasks to appropriate staff as directed by the Facilities Manager or Facilities Supervisor
• Prioritize, coordinate, and schedule preventative maintenance, repairs and projects
• Inspect work for completion, adherence to standards and compliance with specifications
• Operate, maintain, and repair all Power Plant, tunnel, and County owned or leased facilities, and related equipment, and complete preventive maintenance and emergency work orders
• Complete daily preventative maintenance schedule checks and checks operation for proper functioning of equipment
• Provide immediate response to campus-wide and off-site facility maintenance issues and emergencies
• Complete estimates of time and materials to complete projects
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, arms, and feet to push, pull and operate tools and equipment, climb, crouch, stoop, crawl and lift, and have the ability to maneuver equipment up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts, in precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles, in cramped or confined spaces, and with potential hazards of high temperature hot water/steam, and chemicals
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of ten (10) years experience as a licensed Stationary Engineer; operating, repairing and maintaining high pressure vessels and related equipment
• Licensed as a registered Stationary Engineer by the City of Chicago or other equivalent license
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399, and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer