Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Nursing Supervisor
Posting No.: 1144
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m., weekends and holidays as scheduled
Salary: $79,000-$84,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Evaluates residents’ status and unit activities at the beginning of the shift
• Oversees direct care activities to assure that practices are consistent with evidence-based practices and facility policies and procedures
• Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions
• Conducts environmental rounds
• Inspects the environment, identifies and reports environmental conditions that are deficit or present a risk to appropriate department
• Monitors and evaluates quality measures utilizing real-time data
• Conducts root cause analysis of quality indicators that deviate from acceptable standards; identifies patterns and trends
• Develops plan to achieve desired standards
• Participates in committees and meetings
• Provides professional nursing care by determining the kind and amount of nursing care required
• Schedules nursing personnel to assure full unit coverage
• Counsels, educates, and coaches employees to maintain, improve, and/or correct competencies and work habits (in collaboration with clinical staff educator)
• Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Director of Nursing in their absence
• Assures problems and complaints involving nursing services are managed in a timely and appropriate manner
• Contacts families of residents with concerns
• Reports changes in residents’ status to the physician and Assistant Director of Nursing
• Provides instruction in orientation program
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• This position requires possession of a current Illinois Registered Nurse License
• Three years of relevant work experience
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer