Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Senior Account Clerk
Posting No.: 1236
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $30,000-$33,500 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Performs a variety of complex bookkeeping tasks including the maintenance of fund accounts, general and subsidiary records of considerable size and scope, and central and departmental records involving a number of nonstandard features
• Maintains accurate audit trails, to include, preparing, maintaining, and/or verifying a variety of accounting, financial, and statistical records, ledgers, logs, and files
• Gathers, assembles, and tabulates financial data; codes data according to prescribed accounting procedures
• Reviews information to ensure accurate reporting; resolves discrepancies
• Provides customer service to all levels of staff within all County departments
• Establishes and maintains various files and records
• Processes and records billings and accounts payable documents
• Receives training in and frequently performs other responsible bookkeeping tasks in addition to primary account clerk duties
• Maintains, organizes and prepares miscellaneous statistical reports
• Files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Two (2) years of experience in bookkeeping and fiscal recordkeeping
The preferred candidate will have:
• Some college coursework or certificate in accounting
• Experience and a working knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting principles and practices
• Experience using Infor/Lawson Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
A passing score on Accounts Payable tests and a basic Word and Excel test is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer