Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Forensic Scientist - Latent Print Examiner
Closing Date: 9/22/2017
Hours: Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week, no nights or weekends
Salary: $43,719-$93,086 annually
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: FORENSIC SCIENTIST – Latent Print Examiner
The DuPage County Forensic Science Center, a division of the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Forensic Scientist – Latent Print Examiner. The laboratory is located in Wheaton, Illinois, approximately 30 miles west of Chicago, Illinois and was awarded reaccreditation in 2015 through ASCLD/LAB-International. The mission of the laboratory is to provide quality and timely forensic science services to the criminal justice system of DuPage County and provides analysis in: drug chemistry, trace chemistry, latent prints, forensic biology and DNA.
• A Bachelor’s of Science degree from an accredited institution in forensic science, chemistry, biology or other natural science or related program.
• A minimum of three years’ full-time work experience conducting latent print processing, latent print comparisons and use of AFIS/NGI.
• Working knowledge of computer software: Microsoft Office suite and Adobe PDF.
• Must not be impaired from qualifying as an expert witness and testifying credibly in courts of law.
• Experience testifying as an expert witness in federal and/or state courts.
• Latent Print Certification through the International Association for Identification (IAI).
• Working knowledge of applicable ASCLD/LAB-International or ANAB ANSI/ASQ accreditation standards.
Duties: Performs the development (physical and chemical processing, digital photography), analysis, comparison, evaluation and verification of known and latent print evidence. Makes conclusions and formulates opinions based on examinations performed and reports those findings. Reviews the reports and examinations of other analysts. Testifies in court as an expert witness. Other duties as assigned.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. No nights or weekends.
Closing Date: Applications should be postmarked no later than September 22, 2017.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience ($43,719-$93,086)
Service: Civilian (non-sworn)
Location: 501 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
Benefits: Employee Policy Manual at www.dupageco.org/HR/EmployeePolicies
Other Information: Selected candidate must provide a DNA sample via a buccal swab, be fingerprinted, pass a security background check and pass a pattern-recognition examination.
Please mail or email your cover letter, resume, civilian application for employment (available at http://www.dupagesheriff.org/AboutUs/103/ ) to:
DuPage County Forensic Science Center
501 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Applications should be postmarked no later than September 22, 2017.
The DuPage County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer