Employment Opportunity: General Labor/Maintenance
Title: Laborer/Snowplow Driver
Posting No.: 1314
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Temporary: Variable on-call hours
Salary: $20.00 per hour
There are six (6) positions open at this time.
This position will be temporary until March 31, 2018.
• Snowplowing, snow removal, snow shoveling and changing plow blades
• Maintaining and cleaning the mechanics shop
• Washing all County vehicles
• Work zone flagging
• Labor duties for work crews such as construction, shoveling, raking, etc.
• Additional duties as assigned
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must exert up to 80 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body
• The work environment frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high or precarious places, in extreme outside weather conditions, with hazardous materials, with fumes or airborne particles, with the risk of electric shock, and in cramped or confined spaces
• Employees in this class are required to be on call for emergency situations and seasonal snow removal, which means being capable of working in excess of forty hours per week
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Class A or B Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will have:
• Experience operating a six wheel snowplow
A post-offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer