Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Posting No.: 1327
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: 75 hours bi-weekly Hours between Sunday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Salary: $50,000-$57,000 annually
• Plans, coordinates and evaluates spiritual care programs for residents
• Works with community religious leaders and organizations to "market" the spiritual care program and mobilize support to meet resident needs
• Supervises and coordinates religious services conducted by volunteers
• Provides spiritual and emotional support for grieving residents, families or affected staff
• Provides spiritual counseling and pastoral support for residents and/or families including spiritual assessments and carrying out plans
• Enlists support of community clergy to visit residents of their faith, provide religious services or volunteer time transporting residents to services
• Works in conjunction with other departments in an inter-disciplinary approach to identify resident needs and preferences in the area of spiritual services
• Supervises volunteers and local clergy
• Develops and conducts in-service and other training
• Conducts religious services as needed, including funerals and memorial services, provides prayer and invocation at meetings, meals, special events, etc., or trains and encourages residents to do so
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Master of Divinity degree or equivalent from an accredited theological school; three years’ experience in providing pastoral or chaplaincy services
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer