Employment Opportunity: Seasonal/Internships
Title: Community Development Intern
Posting No.: 1366
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Division: Community Development
Hours: Temporary: Monday-Friday, up to 18 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $10.00-$10.50 per hour
DuPage County Government seeks an Intern for the Community Development Commission. Located 20 miles west of Chicago in northeastern Illinois, DuPage County is a vital part of a major metropolitan area. The primary objective of DuPage County Government is to serve the residents of the County. The importance of serving the public with courtesy and respect is recognized by all employees. The County Government continuously works to provide a wide array of services necessary for its growing population. The Community Development Commission administers approximately $6 million in grant funds annually to serve low-income neighborhoods, persons with disabilities, seniors, and other special populations.
• Assist Community Development staff with research and analysis of information as assigned
• Produce written communications, charts, presentation materials and interact with Community Development staff members
• Make revisions to the County website under the direction of Community Development staff
• Assist the Community Development staff with other special projects on an as-needed basis
• Deliver updates on status of projects and prioritize assigned tasks to meet deadlines
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Must be actively taking undergraduate or graduate level courses at an accredited institution to obtain an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree, or be a recent graduate (within the past year)
• Strong research ability on a variety of topics related to grants, public policy, community programs, and department projects
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and basic Internet applications
• Working knowledge of governmental processes, programs, services and/or resources desired
The preferred candidate will have:
• Knowledge or experience with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships Program, or Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer