Employment Opportunity: Animal Control
Title: Intake/Adoption and Client Services Coordinator
Posting No.: 1329
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Animal Care and Control
Hours: Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week to include evenings and Saturdays as scheduled
Salary: $33,753-$36,000 annually
• Provides exceptional customer service at all times
• Remains knowledgeable of animals in the facility to make the best possible match/recommendation to potential adopters.
• Receives incoming and outgoing animals, completes all required related tasks per departmental policy, and effectively communicates in emotional situations.
• Reviews client paperwork, interviews clients to educate and/or clarify information, and renders decisions based on department policy
• Answers general questions from the public via phone, email or in-person
• Coordinates information and services aimed at preventing animal relinquishment and returning animals to their owners
• Maintains shelter database, ensures high quality data entry and record keeping
• Processes transactions, issues licenses and provides services
• Creates and compiles materials for informational packets/educational handouts
• Schedules appointments and refers clients to proper parties.
• Orders shelter food and other supplies as needed
• Receives, tabulates, and accounts for fees and other moneys received by the division
• Files documents accurately by various prescribed methods.
• Develops reports from a variety of databases to comply with reporting requirements from various agencies or partners
• Screens, sorts and stores in-kind donations and mail
• Handles and interacts with varying species of animals
• Assists staff in maintaining social media content and calendar
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
• One year animal sciences or related coursework
• Two years experience providing customer service in an animal related field
• Credit to meet these qualifications will be granted to former interns of DuPage County Animal Care and Control
• A valid Illinois Driver's License in good standing
The preferred candidate will have:
• Experience working in an open admission shelter and/or Animal Control setting
• The ability to thrive in an environment with changing projects and priorities
• Experience working with multiple social media platforms
• Experience providing adoption or intake counseling services to the public
• Experience handling/caring for animals
• The ability to work with flexible and rotating work schedules and multitask under stressful situations
• Possesses a basic knowledge of/ability to learn animal handling, body language and behavior
• Possesses a concern for animal welfare
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer