Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Legal Secretary - Community Service
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Probation and Court Services
Division: Support Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $29,568 annually
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Enters community service hours and cases into PCMS;
• Provides and verifies community service information for Probation Officers;
• Enters contact reminders into calendar;
• Provides reports/documentation to the Court regarding community service verification;
• Performs data entry;
• Makes phone calls/sends letters to defendants regarding community service placement;
• Contacts defendants prior to final Court date to verify compliance;
• Contacts community service worksites to verify hours;
• Provide coverage for reception, DNA collection and UA’s;
• Contact out-of-county Probation Departments to monitor cases;
• Monitor all community service cases not on with Probation Officers;
• Run reports and upload defendant’s hours into PCMS;
• Run LEADS and interpret criminal histories; and
• Performs related work as required.
Requirements for this position include:
• Working knowledge of the Court system and the PCMS/Clerk/DUCS systems;
• Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task;
• Able to exercise discretion regarding confidential information;
• Able to accomplish assigned tasks with frequent interruptions;
• Experience in data entry and the use of computers;
• Working skill in performing responsible clerical duties;
• Good verbal communication;
• Able to deal effectively with others;
• Works well in a team;
• Good knowledge of Word and Excel programs as well as navigation of the internet;
• Bi-lingual is a plus; and
• Able to pass a typing test with minimum speed of 40 words per minute.
PLEASE NOTE: Email application to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Department of Probation & Court Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer