Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Water/Wastewater Maintenance Supervisor
Posting No.: 1404
Closing Date: 1/16/2018
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. or 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., and on-call as required
Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
This position is located at the Marionbrook Facility (I-55 & Cass Ave) in Darien IL 60561
• Installs and repairs small pumps (e.g. 40 HP) motors, valves, piping and lift stations
• Performs minor design work in repair of sewer and water systems. Supervises installation of large sewer and water projects
• Assists with daily work assignments. Supervises the work of subordinate personnel engaged in equipment operations and crew duties
• Recommends hires and promotions, directs, evaluates, and adjusts grievances, for assigned positions
• Maintains equipment (e.g. greases and lubricates engines, motors, pumps, etc.) used in operation of sewer and water systems
• Operates tools (e.g. welders, saws, torches, etc.) in maintenance and repair of sewer and water systems
• Operates basic and complex equipment (e.g. backhoe, flusher, front end loader, light bulldozers, etc.) in the excavation and repair of sewer and water systems
• Builds forms, pours and finishes concrete and other various restoration work
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands and/or arms to operate tools and equipment, climb, crouch or stoop, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts, in confined spaces, in outside weather conditions, and with fumes and airborne particles
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Seven years of field maintenance and mechanical experience coupled with heavy equipment operations and diagnosis experience, plus two years of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination training and experience
• Must have at the time of hire and able to maintain a valid Illinois Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Must be available for emergency on call
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 1/16/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer