Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Zoning Administration Coordinator
Posting No.: 1410
Closing Date: 1/26/2018
Department: Building & Zoning
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Coordinates cases through the zoning and subdivision process including attendance at public hearings and meetings and preparation of information and draft ordinances and resolutions for review by the ZBA, Development Committee and County Board
• Prepares and coordinates information pertaining to the Zoning and Subdivision ordinances for the public, ZBA, Zoning Hearing Officer, Plat Committee, County officials, and governmental agencies
• Reviews building permits for compliance with the Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances
• Coordinates and prepares code enforcement cases and makes inspections thereto
• Develops and applies databases and computer technology (i.e.: Microsoft Office, GIS and CAD)
• Provides follow-up documentation and inspection for ordinance compliance
• Prepares short and long term economic and employment projections relative to the future growth and development of the County and the implications for housing, workforce, land use, and economic development for the public, County officials, and governmental agencies
• Conducts labor/occupational market research for employment planning and training
• Researches, compiles and analyzes statistical data and develop fiscal impact models to measure financial implications of development on taxes, revenues, and expenditures of local governments
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or closely related field
• One year experience in zoning administration or planning work
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 1/26/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer