Employment Opportunity: Seasonal/Internships
Title: Stormwater Management Wetland Intern
Posting No.: 1411
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Temporary: Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., evening and weekend hours as required
Salary: $12.00/hour for interns completed freshman year; $12.50/hour for interns completed sophomore year; $13.00/hour for interns completed junior year; $14.00/hour for interns completed senior year $1.00 increase for returning interns ($15.00/hour maximum)
DuPage County Department of Stormwater Management is seeking a Wetland Intern for the summer 2018. The position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in wetland techniques as well as local and federal regulations.
• Assists the Wetland Specialists with a wide range of activities in the field and office
• Conducts field inspections at locations throughout DuPage County
• General office duties - filing, copying, note taking, data entry, research
• Completes requests for information
• Preferred candidate will be a full-time college student with one-year minimum course work in biology, botany, soil science, environmental science, natural resources, or a related field
• Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions
• Current and valid driver’s license
Please indicate that you are applying for the Wetland Intern position.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer