Employment Opportunity: Seasonal/Internships
Title: Stormwater Management Engineering Intern
Posting No.: 1414
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Temporary: Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., evening and weekend hours as required
Salary: $12.00/hour for interns completed freshman year; $12.50/hour for interns completed sophomore year; $13.00/hour for interns completed junior year; $14.00/hour for interns completed senior year $1.00 increase for returning interns ($15.00/hour maximum)
DuPage County Department of Stormwater Management is seeking an Engineering Intern for the summer 2018. The position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in water quality field techniques as well as local and federal regulations.
• Assists the Stormwater staff with a wide range of activities in the field and office
• Conducts field inspections at locations throughout DuPage County
• General office duties- data entry and analysis, field inspection
• Periodic interaction with members of the public
• Actively taking undergraduate or graduate level courses at an accredited institution to obtain an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in environmental engineering, water resource engineering, construction engineering, or a related field
• Computer skills, GIS experience preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions
• Current and valid driver’s license
Please indicate that you are applying for the Stormwater Engineering position.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer