Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: 911 Telecommunicator
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full Time: This position supports a 24 hr – 7 day a week operation. Applicants must have the desire/ability to work any shift; including weekends and holidays as scheduled. Shift Assignment will be determined after training completion.
Salary: $43,614.66 annually
• Applicants must be able to pass the applicant testing and background investigation. Ability to type accurately a minimum of 30 WPM.
• Full-time position answering multi-line telephone equipment including 911 calls and administration lines, dispatching police by transmitting vital information to Emergency Personnel via Radio, and relaying information via Computer Aided Dispatch Terminal.
• Ability to multi-task, to work in a fast paced environment under stressful conditions, and be computer and typing proficient.
• Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Ability to speak/understand and read English.
• Full range of hearing in both ears.
Communications personnel are included in the Illinois FOP Labor Council.
PLEASE NOTE: Interested applicants should complete the Sheriff’s Office Civilian Employment Application which can be found at http://www.dupagesheriff.org/AboutUs/103/.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be mailed or dropped off at:
DuPage County Sheriff
Attn: Radio Room
501 N County Farm Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer