Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Volunteer Services Supervisor
Posting No.: 1448
Closing Date: 3/7/2018
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., weekends and evenings as needed
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Supervises and directs all aspects of volunteer programs
• Recruits, interviews, orients, trains and supervises corps of volunteers; develops and implements volunteer orientation and training programs
• Develops volunteer assignment guides for approved volunteer positions
• Coordinates recognition activities to maintain volunteer motivation
• Monitors volunteer performance and compliance with roles, responsibilities and policies through communication with staff, volunteers and observation as appropriate
• Provides and interprets information regarding division policies, procedures and programs
• Serves as the liaison with Care Center departments regarding the need for volunteers
• Contacts external agencies and local schools for the purpose of promoting the volunteer program
• Receives donations and directs them to the appropriate department
• Continually evaluates the volunteer program by meeting with individual volunteers and staff
• Tracks volunteer hours and generates reports as needed
• Creates and implements policy and procedures related to the volunteer program and in house retail shop
• Manages financial recordkeeping, inventory, purchasing, revenues and deposits for inhouse retail shop
• Participates in special committees and multi-disciplinary groups
• Assists with marketing activities to establish and promote interest in the Care Center and volunteer opportunities
• Assists with fundraising activities
• Coordinates special events and initiatives
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration
• Two years experience in a volunteer/development environment
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 3/7/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer