Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Principal Account Clerk
Posting No.: 1449
Closing Date: 3/7/2018
Department: Community Services
Hours: Temporary: 22.5 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $20.00-$21.50 per hour
There is one (1) position open at this time. This position is temporary.
• Performs a high volume of advanced bookkeeping tasks
• Maintains disbursement accounts for the department, including auditing invoices, preparing vouchers, posting and reconciling multiple line items;
• Maintains accounts receivable and payable records
• Coordinates and reconciles letters of credit
• Assists with multiple fund account deposits
• Provides information to and interacts with a variety of department supervisors; evaluates progress
• Prepares expenditure and receipt report on a periodic basis including necessary recaps, summaries, and reconciliations
• Analyzes budget line items for possible transfer requirements
• Processes after transfer approvals, posts transfers, proves accuracy of appropriations, and maintains necessary documentation
• Maintains complex payroll records and schedules
• Maintains general ledger and prepares institution type trial balance, balance sheet, and profit and loss statement
• Supervises the work of a clerical staff engaged in fiscal recordkeeping and related financial management activities
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of some college level coursework in Finance or Accounting
• Four years of experience in Accounting and/or Fiscal Recordkeeping
The preferred candidate will:
• Have experience with Infor/Lawson systems
• Have experience working with federal grants
A passing score on an Accounts Payable test and basic Word and Excel tests are required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 3/7/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer