Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Transportation Programs Manager
Posting No.: 1456
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $75,000-$85,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Manages the annual and multi-year improvement programs for land acquisition within available financial resources
• Tracks program and project status with regard to agreements and land acquisition to ensure project schedules can be met
• Assists in the development of the annual budget
• Oversees the preparation, processing, and tracking of various agreements
• Maintains effective relations with departmental, local, regional, state and federal agencies and partners regarding agreements
• Plans and directs the work of land surveyors, appraisers, negotiators and/or environmental specialists, with assistance of the State’s Attorney’s Office and engineering staff, for the acquisition/use of property
• Ensures compliance with state requirements on the use of motor fuel tax or federal funds with regards to agreement processing and/or land acquisition activities
• Supervises the work of subordinate personnel
• Recommends hires and promotions, directs, evaluates and appeals of employment decisions for all assigned positions
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Planning and/or Public or Business Administration or related field
• Five years of experience in transportation engineering or planning, contract administration, and/or real estate property management
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer