Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Housekeeper I/Laundry Attendant I/Dining Services Worker (Support Services)
Posting No.: 9001
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Varies between Full-Time and Part-Time: Monday-Sunday between the hours of 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. to include holidays as scheduled
Salary: $10.92 per hour
Housekeeper I responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Clean hallways, restrooms, and resident rooms following the prescribed cleaning procedures of the department, and passing meal trays to residents
• Disinfect surfaces, sweep, mop, polish furniture, change bed linens, empty garbage, etc.
Laundry Attendant I responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Load and unload dryers and carts, sort and shake out clothes, mark and count incoming laundry and count and check out finished laundry, fold clothes and linens, and deliver linens and packaged personal apparel
Dining Services Worker responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work on a food tray assembly line at an assigned station, stacking and loading food, condiments, napkins, utensils, etc., transport completed trays, sanitize trays and serving lines, wash dishes and pots/pans, serve meals to residents in the Resident Dining Room, and assist residents in opening packages and cutting food as needed
• Receive and stock/put away items in the storeroom, kitchen, and cafeterias, and clean the kitchen, resident dining room, and cafeteria
• Act as a cashier, ringing up transactions and tendering cash
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of these jobs, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, climb ladders and stairs, use hands to push, pull and operate cleaning tools and equipment, reach with hands and/or arms overhead and horizontally to operate equipment and load/unload machines, uses hands for repetitive tasks, crouch or stoop, and push and pull linen carts and lift and move a minimum of 30 - 50 lbs. depending upon the position.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes tasks that occur indoors in a temperature controlled environment, on surfaces such as ceramic tile, vinyl tile, concrete or commercial carpeting, and near moving mechanical parts, with strong odors and airborne particles, under conditions of high humidity, and will regularly work with extreme temperatures and with cleaning chemicals and compounds. Tasks may require personal protective equipment including latex or vinyl gloves and safety glasses
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent or High School students encouraged to apply. Must be able to meet all requirements of the employment process.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
WE ARE WILLING TO TRAIN
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer