Employment Opportunity: Legal/Court Services
Title: Probation Officer (Juvenile Court Diversion)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Probation and Court Services
Hours: Full-Time: General Office Hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Salary: $40,644 annually
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Review police reports and make recommendations to the SAO on how to proceed with juvenile cases (court diversion or formal court processing).
• Complete records and background checks.
• Conduct Preliminary Conferences with youths and families to determine appropriateness for court diversion opportunity.
• Implement assessments to determine suitability for diversion program and treatment needs.
• Develop supervision plans to hold youths accountable and target behavioral change.
• Monitor and support youths placed on a diversion plan.
• Maintain accurate records and data entry on diversion cases.
• Provide court coverage as needed.
• Complete all other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position include:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences such as Social Work, Psychology, etc.; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Knowledge of the juvenile justice system.
• Demonstrated skills in managing adolescent behavior in accordance with accepted organizational philosophy.
• Effective crisis intervention and organizational skills.
• Ability to take initiative, use good judgment and good decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to function independently and be an effective contributor to a team.
• Flexibility in relation to working hours and the ability to handle a variety of tasks at any given time.
• Knowledge of community resources available to juveniles in DuPage County.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with other juvenile justice partners.
• Current, valid driver’s license and willingness to utilize personal vehicle to complete work assignments if necessary.
• Probation officer applicants must be AOIC certified.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for this position should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer