Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Water Quality Specialist
Posting No.: 1597
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $55,000-$65,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Reviews activities as specified by stormwater and surface water quality permits to ensure conformance to regulations
• Oversees activities specified by contracts to confirm adherence to contractual agreements
• Identifies deviations from regulations and contracts
• Identifies corrections needed to bring into compliance with regulations and contracts
• Enforces all related laws and regulations
• Obtains environmental samples of surface water to be analyzed by an appropriate laboratory
• Coordinates environmental programs
• Prepares reports as required by appropriate regulatory agencies
• Provides input into development and implementation of action plans relating to environmental programs
• Prepares applications for grants
• Handles accounting functions to ensure compliance with various payment schedules
• Provides technical assistance to private industry, government officials and residents as assigned
• Develops and presents educational programs for public groups
• Acts as liaison between state and county officials regarding inspection, regulation and funding programs
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering Natural Resources, Chemistry, or a closely related field
• Three years of experience in water quality related work; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer