Sewer & Water Permits
Commercial Connection & Extension Application (PDF)
Application for Residential Sewer and Water Connection (PDF)
Permits are required for all connections to the DuPage County sanitary sewer and/or water systems. Prior to connecting any building or premises to a water distribution, or sanitary sewer system, or turning on the water supply to any such building, any owner, occupant, or client of any such DuPage County system shall apply to the Department of Public Works for a connection permit.
Applicants requesting a permit for residential homes that have sewer and water mains available may use the simple residential connection application form, and mail or fax the completed form to this department for processing within two business days.
In additional to a completed residential sewer service permit application, the following are required:
Rebuild/New Construction, Tear Downs, and Additions over 800 square feet
- Submit a scanned or hard copy of civil engineering plan indicating old and proposed new sewer service line
- Submit scanned or hard copy of interior plumbing plans indicating where the overhead sewer system will be located for rebuild/new construction
- Contractor must follow DuPage County Ordinance, specifically Article 3, Section 36-28 and 36-29 regarding sewer service connections
New Home Construction
- All Service connections to sanitary sewer mains must have an overhead sewer system within the building, with exception to slab on grade construction
- Indicate on submitted scanned or hard copy interior plans where the overhead sewer system will be located
Applicants requesting a permit for commercial property and have sewer and water available, or may need to extend sanitary sewer or water main lines for connection, need to complete the DuPage County Department of Public Works Commercial Permit Application and submit the following items and information. A $150 fee is required for all commercial permit applications.
- Application for any extension of a DuPage County Water Distribution or Sanitary Sewer System shall be accompanied by:
All applications and proposed plans must be approved by the department before any permits will be issued.
- Plats, showing all necessary easements, dedicated for public utility purposes;
- Any legal instruments necessary to transfer property rights to such easements; and/or
- Detailed engineering and architectural plans, profile drawings, and specifications for all proposed work.
Applications for system extensions shall include all properly executed forms necessary to obtain any required Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Permits.
All plans, profiles, applications, permits, and legal documents must be approved by the department before any construction work begins.
Prior to Demolition: Before obtaining a demolition permit, applicant must provide proof that existing water and/or sewer service line has been disconnected from the County main and inspected by DuPage County Public Works.
Make Checks Payable to: DuPage County Public Works
Send or bring in all completed applications and plans to:
DuPage County Public Works
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Please call with any permit related questions - (630) 407-6800
It is the responsibility of the contractor/applicant to be familiar with and to follow the DuPage County Wastewater Treatment Ordinance