Forms and Documents
Homestead Exemption Application Forms
Board of Review Assessment Appeal Forms
Please see Board of Review Rules for additional filing requirements.
Non-Homestead Exemption Application Forms
- PTAX-300 is used to apply for all non-homestead exemption except for properties used for religious purposes or those owned by the State of Illinois or the Federal Government.
- PTAX-300-FS is used to apply for a non-homestead exemption under 35 ILCS 200/15-50 or 15-55 (federal or state agency).
- PTAX-300-H is used to apply for a non-homestead exemption under 35 ILCS 200/15-86 (hospitals).
- PTAX-300-R is used to apply for a non-homestead exemption under 35 ILCS 200/15-40 (religious).
Preferential Assessment Application Forms
- PTAX-334 Application for Open Space Property Assessment
- PTAX-337-R Combined Application for Conservation Right Public Benefit Certification and for Reduced Assessed Valuation of Property (File with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources)
- PTAX-762 Application for Model Home Assessment
- PTAX-762-C Notice of Status Change to County by Owner of Model Home
- PTAX-763 Application for Veterans Organization Assessment Freeze
- PTAX-764 Application for assessment freeze for certain fraternal organizations. Typically, Masonic Lodges will qualify in this category.
- PTAX-765 Application for assessment freeze for certain fraternal organizations. Typically, Elks and Moose Lodges will qualify in this category.
- PTAX-766 Application for assessment freeze for certain fraternal organizations. Typically, Knights of Columbus Lodges will qualify in this category.
- Farmland Preferential Assessment: The Township Assessor annually determines the eligibility of individual properties for farmland assessments. Please contact them for more information regarding their application process.
- Conservation Stewardship Preferential Assessment: Certain property that is subject to a land management plan that has been approved by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources may receive a preferential assessment. Application forms and other information are available directly from the IL-DNR's website.
- Housing Opportunity Area Tax Abatement: This program may provide a reduced assessed valuation for certain property leased to a Housing Choice Voucher Holder. Information and application forms for this program are available from the DuPage County Housing Authority.
- Historic Residence Assessment Freeze Law: This program provides tax incentives to owner-occupants of certified historic residences who rehabilitate their homes. Application forms and other information are available directly from the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency's website.
A basic explanation of these programs is available on our Preferential Assessments webpage.
Assessment Abstract Reports
Counties are required to file a PTAX-260-A Form with the Illinois Department of Revenue on an annual basis. This report list locally assessed parcel counts and total locally assessed value totals by property class for individual townships and for the entire county. This report does not include property assessed by the State. The totals do not include the loss of taxable assessed value resulting from the granting of the General Homestead (excluding life care facilities and mixed use properties), Senior Citizens Homestead (excluding life care facilities and mixed use properties), and the Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze Homestead Exemptions. Column number 7 however does reflect the taxable value of dual valuation properties including Open Space and Conservation Easement preferential assessments along with value loss due to the granting of Homestead Improvement, Veterans/Fraternal Organizational Assessment Freeze, and Disabled Veterans Exemptions and the taxable value of certain preferential assessment types such as Historic Residence Assessment Freeze, Demonstration Homes and Subdivides Property Assessments.
Tax Year: 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
Sale to Assessment Ratio Reports
Sale to assessment ratio studies are compiled by the Illinois Department of Revenue. These reports include statistical measurements of assessment accuracy and uniformity.
IL-DOR Summary Reports:1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010
2011 (Full Report) | 2012 (Full Report) | 2013 (Full Report)
IL-DOR Detail Sales Listing (Individual Sales Used in Sales Ratio Reports): 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010