Coroner News & Press Releases
Coroner RSS Feed
View another year:
- press I-55 AND LEMONT ROAD FATALITY 2013-12-01 THIS OFFICE, ALONG WITH THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE, ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF A MOTORIST INVOLVED IN A TWO VEHICLE CRASH ON THIS DATE. THE LOCATION OF THE INCIDENT WAS I-55 SOUTHBOUND AT LEMONT ROAD IN DARIEN, ILLINOIS. THE VICTIM WAS A DRIV
- press AUTO FATALITY I290 IN ADDISON 2013-09-26 The DuPage County Coroner's Office along with the Illinois State Police are investigating a motor vehicle crash involving multiple fatalities. The crash occurred on I290 in Addison. Further information will be added as it come available.
- press AUTO FATALITY / OAK BROOK 2013-09-24 The DuPage County Coroner's Office along with the Oak Brook Police Department are investigating the death of Mr. Thomas Fitzsimons, age 48, of Hinsdale, Illinois. Mr. Fitzsimons was involved in a single vehicle accident at Spring Road and Salt Creek Circle Road
- press AUTO FATALITY ON I-290 IN ELMHURST 2013-09-11 This office along with the Illinois State Police District #2 are investigating the motor vehicle crash resulting in the death of a male subject on I-290 westbound east of Route 64 exit. 911 was contacted at approximately 9:13 PM on Tuesday, September
- press Wheaton Train Track Incident 2013-08-29 This office, along with the Wheaton Police Department, are investigating the death of a male subject, identified as Mr. Darren S. Schumacher, age 37, late of Wheaton, IL. The Wheaton Police and Fire Departments were contacted at approximately 7:43am
- press Burr Ridge Suspicious Death Investigation 2013-08-29 This office, along with the Burr Ridge Police Department, are investigating a suspicious death that occurred on August 29, 2013. All information is being released through the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office.
- press Lombard pedestrian struck by motor vehicle 2013-08-07 The Du Page County Coroner's Office, along with the Lombard Police department, are currently investigating the death of 22 year old Christopher Michaels, who's last known address was on the 90 west block of 19th street in Lombard, Illinois.
- press Naperville drowning victim 2013-08-03 The Du Page County Coroner's office, along with the Naperville police department, are investigating the death of Amer Khan, age 6, who's last known address was in the 2900 block of Kilbourne in Naperville. Earlier this date, Amer was found unresponsive
- press BLOOMINGDALE DEATH INVESTIGATION 2013-07-31 THIS OFFICE, ALONG WITH THE BLOOMINGDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT, ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF MR. RICHARD W. KRASZEWSKI, AGE 51 LATE OF THE 100 BLOCK OF WOODCREST IN BLOOMINGDALE, ILLINOIS.
- press NAPERVILLE PEDESTRIAN VS. TRAIN FATALITY 2013-07-27 THIS OFFICE ALONG WITH THE DUPAGE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF AN UNIDENTIFIED WHITE MALE, WHO WAS STRUCK BY A METRA PASSENGER TRAIN ON THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN-SANTA FE RAIL LINES IN NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS. AT APP
- press Downers Grove Death Investigation 2013-07-22 On July 19, 2013, the Downers Grove Police Department responded to 6211 Park Avenue for a well being check. Upon arrival, officers entered the house and found a man and a woman deceased in the home. The people who were identified as Thomas F. Smith
Four Deaths in Unincorporated Downers Grove
This office, along with the DuPage County Sheriff's Department and the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office, is investigating four deaths in a residence of unincorporated Downers Grove. The address is 555 Oldfield Road and is registered to
- press O'Brien Park Death Investigation, Downers Grove, IL 2013-05-31 This office, along with the Downers Grove Police Department, is investigating the death of 17 year old Jennie Dizon, late of Downers Grove, Illinois. Our office was requested to the scene, O'Brien Park, located at Dunham Road
- press AUTO FATALITY 4/25/2013 2013-04-26 The DuPage County Coroner's Office and the DuPage County Sheriff's Office are investigating the death of a passenger in a motor vehicle crash who was has been identified as Stephanie Pickett, age 18, of Warrenville, IL. The accident occurred at Shaffner and Mack
- press SKELETAL REMAINS IDENTIFIED 2013-04-23 Skeletal Remains Identified On March 30, 2013 at approximately 1:30 p.m., the Woodridge Police Department responded to a wooded area in the 7900 block of Lemont Road after two youths out for a walk located what appeared to be skeletal human remains.
- This office along with the Woodridge Police Department, are currently investigating what appears to be human remains found near the area of the 7900 block of Lemont Road. This office was contacted by the Woodridge Police Department on March 29, 2013 at approximately 2:28pm.