Charity Runners for DuPage County Animal Care & Control
Download the Scooter's Squad Brochure.
WHAT IS SCOOTER'S SQUAD?
Join SCOOTER’S SQUAD today and become part of a community of pet lovers who train, run and race for homeless pets. SCOOTER’S SQUAD members are helping to raise the funds needed to expand the animal welfare initiatives of DuPage County Animal Care and Control.
SCOOTER’S SQUAD team members race to help homeless pets by participating in ANY:
- Half Marathon
- Endurance Event
- Any Race of Your Choice
Each member of SCOOTER’S SQUAD commits to raising a minimum of $400 for the Foundation for DuPage County Animal Care and Control and will receive a personalized online fundraising web page along with other team members benefits.
The 2013 featured race is the Fox Valley Marathon, Half Marathon and Fall Final 20. This race takes place on Sunday, Sept. 22nd and starts/finishes in St. Charles. SCOOTER’S SQUAD and DCACC will have a strong presence at this event. Find out more or register for the race at www.fv26.com. Can’t make the featured race? There’s good news! SCOOTER SQUAD team members can participate in ANY marathon, triathlon, race or endurance event.
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
- Complimentary training program with running experts from Dick Pond Athletics and Lifetime Fitness geared toward ANY LEVEL runner. Training runs are held at Dick Pond Athletics in Carol Stream (26W515 St. Charles Rd.) every Saturday morning. Running instruction is available during these runs for ANY type of run you are training for (5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon,etc.)
- Complimentary SCOOTER'S SQUAD NIKE "Miler" Team Shirt - avaialable only to those who register to be a part of Scooter's Squad by April 1st.
- Custom SCOOTER’S SQUAD race singlet.
- Monthly “fun runs” with your own or a shelter dog.
- Complimentary race day team photo (featured race only).
- Your name on the Scooter's Squad website.
- Be part of a community of local runners and animal lovers.
- The joy of combining your passion for running with a worthy cause.
2013 SCOOTER'S SQUAD TEAM MEMBERS:
Ken Martin - Program Director and Lead Trainer
- In Progress - Saturday Morning Weekly Training Runs at Dick Pond Athletics, Carol Stream
- Mid April - Scooter's Squad Meet & Greet
- April 1, 2013 - Registration deadline for Complimentary Scooter's Squad NIKE Miler Team TShirt
- May 11, 2013 - Featured Race Marathon Training Kick-Off
- September 22, 2013 - Featured Race: Fox Valley Marathon, Half Maththon and Fall Final 20