DuPage County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
"To enhance the protection of the community and the environment from hazardous material incidents through planning, preparation, and communication between residents, business, and government."
The DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (OHSEM) is providing this information in accordance with the Illinois Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act,
IEPCRA 430 ILCS 100; 29 Illinois Administrative Code 620. Furthermore, DuPage County OHSEM has adopted the Illinois Emergency Management Online Tier II Database as the LEPC database for DuPage County.
Download a copy of the approved bylaws of the DuPage County LEPC.
The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) meets quarterly at
DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. (418 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187). The following times/dates have been scheduled:
- 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Tuesday, August 15, 2017
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Tuesday, August 21, 2018
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Tuesday, November 20, 2018
The LEPC meeting falls under the Open Meetings Act. As such, we do not track RSVPs.
Filing 2016 Data
The deadline for filing 2016 data is Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Per the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA), the Tier II reporting period commences on January 1, and will close on March 1. IEMA strongly encourages you to create 2016 annual reports, enter all required data and certify the reports as early as possible rather than later in the filing period. Federal law states that regulated facilities must submit to the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) and Jurisdictional (local) Fire Department. The SERC in Illinois is the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA). IEMA requires submitting reports electronically via the
online Tier II Manager. After electronic submission, print hard copies of each 302 (EHS), 311 (MSDS/SDS), and/or 312 (Tier II) and send to the local LEPC and fire department. For more information, visit
IEMA's SERC/LEPC/Tier II reporting website.
Mailing Address for DuPage County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC):
Information Coordinator Sabit Abbasi
DuPage County LEPC
418 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
- General Chemical Inventory Reporting Requirements (PDF)
- State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) Website
- Tier II Manager Online Submission Program
- Tier II Manager Online Reporting System Instructions (PDF)
- CEMP LEPC Workgroup Website