Green Initiatives - Recycling & GREEN Events
information below on recycling & green events is provided as a service to
the residents of DuPage County. Inclusion is not intended as an
endorsement of any of company or event, nor has the County purposely
excluded any additional events. The events listed below are open to the
public (unless otherwise indicated). No hazardous waste, fluorescent bulbs,
paint, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, or air conditioners will be accepted at
Electronics may be taken to the locations listed on the
recycling section of our website.
Cooking Oil Collection - Saturday, November 28, 2015, 9 a.m. -
noon. Please bring liquid cooking oil (no bacon fat or other solid animal fats) in containers to one of the following locations for it to be recycled into biodiesel. Containers will be kept at each location so be sure to bring one you don't mind leaving behind.
- Downers Grove Sanitary Treatment Center - 2710 Curtiss St, Downers Grove
- Elmhurst Public Works - 985 S Riverside Dr, Elmhurst
- Itasca Village Hall - 550 W Irving Park Rd, main parking lot, Itasca
- Naperville Household Hazardous Waste - 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville
- Roselle City Hall - 31 S Prospect Street, Roselle
- Villa Park Village Hall - Parking lot - 20 S Ardmore, Villa Park
- Westmont Fire Station - 6015 S. Cass Ave, Westmont
- Wheaton Public Works Yards - south side of 821 W Liberty, Wheaton
- City of Wheaton - Public Works
Yard, south side of 821 W Liberty, 2nd Saturday of each month. 9 a.m. -
- Wheaton Sanitary District - 1S640 Shaffner,
Wheaton, every Saturday. 10 a.m. - noon
- Glenbard Wastewater
Authority - 21W551 Bemis Rd, Glen Ellyn, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. -
Household Hazardous Waste Facility - 156 Fort Hill Dr, Naperville, Saturdays &
Sundays 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (excluding holidays)
Township Vegetable Oil Collection (flyer)
- Winfield Township Road District, 30W575 Roosevelt Rd.
- Mondays (excluding holidays) 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Third Saturday of
each month 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Saturday, November 29 (after Thanksgiving) 7 a.m. -
Lisle Collection Days - 3rd Saturday
of each month, 9 a.m. - noon. Limit of 1 plasma or flat screen
television and/or 1 monitor per car (no CRT, console or projection
televisions), scrap metal (metal fences, metal lawn chairs, washers,
dryers, etc.), household batteries, car, boat, or sump pump batteries.
Wheaton Collection Days - 2nd Saturday of
each month, 9 a.m. - noon. Limit of 1 plasma or flat screen television
and/or 1 monitor per car (no CRT, console or projection televisions), scrap
metal (including metal fences, metal lawn chairs, washers, dryers,
etc.), household batteries, car, boat, sump pump batteries, and liquid
Regional E3 Waste to Profit
Program to Drive Economic Growth Through Sustainability Companies in DuPage
and the surrounding Cook region are eligible for assessments of
production processes to reduce energy and water consumption, minimize their
carbon footprint, reduce waste, increase productivity and drive
innovation. Click here for the E3 Brochure.
Interested companies should contact the Illinois Sustainable Technology
Center at 217-300-1596. SCARCE Environmental Education -
ongoing workshops & training - Glen Ellyn, IL 630-545-9710
- Teacher Training
- Community Group Education
- Recycling Opportunities, visit SCARCE for more information.
- SCARCE offers Holiday Light Recycling all year long. Click SCARCE for more